Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Property of Jesus


Today I decided to wear my Property of Jesus shirt as I do on many travel days at Airports. The reason I do so is to witness to others the Lord Jesus Christ and how important it is to have a personal relationship with Him as Lord and Savior. Without God and the Son, Jesus the Lamb of Life, we are nothing and have nothing.
In London, much to my surprise I was just resting in the seating area by my gate when a woman came rushing over to me. I was not sure why she was approaching me, but found out soon enough. She told me that she really liked my shirt and said that she to is Property of Jesus. She continued and said that this makes us one. How awesome was this, I believe it was the Holy Spirit speaking through her by the grace of God because I needed to hear those words. We spoke for a few more seconds and her last words were that many people are afraid to become Holy and don't want to get too close to Jesus or God. She explained that many people want what they would see as a comfortable distance between themselves and their Lord. She was 100% right whens she said that such people do not know what they are missing. She concluded by saying to me, draw closer and become as close as possible to Jesus, as a relationship with the Lord is the most important thing one can have and what we all need.
I don't know that woman's name, but what I do know is that she is a Christian by her love for me and for her extreme devotion and love for God. Speaking with her reminded me of how important true love, faith, and hope in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are as a Catholic. The trinity is paved in its emphasis of Holiness, Wholeness, Love, and Unity. If Christians everywhere would come together as me and this lady did any problem could be solved by the grace of God and His ministry through us. It is ever so important to remember that a stranger is a friend not yet met, and that a friend is a brother or sister who we must work to live in communion with through prayer, peace, charity, and love. Remember Christ said that whoever worships and glorifies my Heavenly Father is my brother and sister and mother. There is a reason why the scriptures place an emphasis on on the three keystones of Christianity: faith, hope, and the greatest of these--love. Through love all can be achieved and all can be conqured, as God our Father is Love.
So are you Property of Jesus? If not you are property of darkness, evil, death, and the enemy--the Devil. "Resist the Devil and he will flee from you." We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. Remember "in all that you do whether in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, Giving thanks to God the Father through Him." (Col 3:17). "If you live by the flesh you will die, but if you put to death the deeds of the body you will live." (Romans 8) Be property of the Holy Spirit, be property of life, be Property of Christ. For Jesus bought our redemption at a great Price.

No comments: